You know how I LOVE easy DIY projects right? Especially if they’re home decor. I made these super simple DIY Mason Jar Solar Lights in the spring and showed them on my monthly morning segment on AMNW as part of the DIY Mercury Glass projects. I have a few around my patio and have fallen in love with the look. I can’t believe I haven’t shared them yet. I remember seeing something similar from another blogger last year and vowed to make them this year for my patio! It actually happened. These are SO simple.
Of course you don’t HAVE to spray paint the jars. I have some with my diy mercury glass look and some just plain. That way after the warm season, I can use my jars for something else if I wanted.
DIY Mason Jar Solar Lights
- Wide Mouth Mason Jars -You’ll need the mason jars with a wide mouth. I tried using those adorable new blue mason jars, but the jar mouth was too small. If you can find a smaller solar light, it would work.
- Solar Yard Lights –There are so many types and sizes. Mine are the cheapest ones I could find and I found them at Lowes.
- Looking Glass Spray Paint – if you want to create a Mercury Glass look you’ll need this spray paint. I usually just order it from Amazon because it can be hard to find. Follow my Mercury Glass Tutorial to create this look.
Unscrew the top of the solar light off and simply place the light on top of the jar. It just sits on top.
For fun variations, you can try placing decorative items in the jar……..like glass beads. Anything that may reflect off the light.
Simple, quick and looks great! My kind of project!
More Mason Jar Craft Ideas
- Easiest Way to Tint Mason Jars Blue – Setting for Four
- Frosted Mason Jar Vase – Today’s Creative Life
- Mason Jar Storage – Mod Podge Rocks
- Vintage Painted Mason Jars – Live Laugh Rowe
- How to Paint a Mason Jar – Happy Hooligans
- Epsom Salt Luminaries – Crafts by Amanda