This jalapeno cheese dip recipe is from a girlfriend who got it from a girlfriend……
During one of our holiday parties, a friend brought this Jalapeno Cheese Dip. I stayed away from it most the night thinking it was going to be WAY too spicy. If I hear Jalapeno, I instantly think it’s going to burn my taste buds off. I’m a spicy wimp. I also didn’t want to chug my Winter sangria.
After hearing everyone rave about it, I grabbed a cracker and tried it…….OH. MY. GOSH!
Jalapeno Cheese Dip Recipe
The only thing good about trying it so late in the party, was that I was pretty full. Otherwise I’m sure I would have eaten the entire dish…….. and my rear end doesn’t need that much cream cheese.
This dip would be perfect for any party or gathering! Great for New Years Eve, Super Bowl, Bunco night, etc… . I made mine in those little tin foil dishes that have the cardboard lid……I found them at the Dollar Store. Easy to transport if needed. My recipe makes enough for 2 of these, so I gave one to my neighbor. She loved it!
I have to admit…..I’ve never cooked with fresh jalapeno peppers before. I’ve heard all the horror stories of getting the oils on your hand, then wiping your face…..OUCH!
Of course I didn’t have any new dish gloves, so my husband suggest I use plastic bags. This is what paranoia looks like while scooping the chopped peppers into the bowl.
- 2 packages of cream cheese - let it set out so it's almost room temp
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- ¼ cup diced jalapeno peppers - omit the center
- 1 small can diced green chili's
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Set your oven at 400 degrees
- Mix all ingredients into a large bowl except for the Parmesan cheese.
- Mix well - I used my electric mixer.
- Spread and press into a pie plate
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 25-30 min.
- I hit the broil for the last 3-5 min to really brown up the cheese.
- Your dish will slightly be bubbling along the sides and the top is browned.
So there you go! Print this recipe for a quick, easy and delicious dish for you to make for New Years Eve.