This free printable Happy New Year banner is perfect if you’re looking for DIY New Year’s Eve decorations ideas. It’s budget-friendly and easy to make.
Printable Happy New Year Banner
I don’t do a whole lot of decorating for New Year’s Eve, but when I do, it’s simple. This Happy New Year Paper banner is lined with silver glitter to give it a little bling and can be hung anywhere. I hung mine in 3 separate banners, but you could make it one long one too.
My glittered New Year’s Eve Champagne bottles are always a hit and they are also a very easy DIY New Year’s Eve craft idea for simple decor.
New Year’s Eve Banner Supplies
- White cardstock – I use a 65lb paper for crafts. It’s not too thick and doesn’t get stuck in my printer.
- Silver glitter
- Hole Punch
- Printable Design – All free printables can be found in the Printable Vault, which is for TCL subscribers. You can subscribe here for free. Your password will be sent to you. Please check your spam folder if you don’t see it.
- String or twine
- White Cardstock
- Downloaded Image of tags - find this in the Printable Vault located on Today's Creative Life
- Glitter - I used silver. You can use any color you'd like.
- Glue - I used a glue pen, but you can use any type of glue. You can even use a glue stick.
- Hole punch
- Paper trimmer or craft scissors
- Download the Happy New Year Tags and open on your device and gather your supplies.
- Trim each tag using a paper trimmer or scissors.
- Apply glue to the edge of each tag.
- Sprinkle glitter over each edge. I sprinkle a bit of glitter into a glitter tray. You can use a paper plate. Then I dip each side of the tag into the pool of glitter. Tap to shake off excess.
- Set aside to dry.
- Punch a hole on the upper corners.
- Thread the string through so the string goes behind the tag. This part doesn't really matter. It's a personal preference on whether you want the string showing in front.
- I made 3 different banners for each word, but you can make one long one if wanted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Print a Banner
- Inkjet printer
- White cardstock
- Printable NYE Banner Tags
- Find the NYE letter tags in the Printable Vault. These printable tags are located under Let’s Celebrate Printables section. Click on the image for an automatic download to your device.
- Open the download and print using white cardstock. I use 65lb. Anything thicker seems to jam my printer.
How to Hang a Printable Happy New Year Banner
I created 3 banners, one for each word, and then hung them on a chalkboard in my kitchen. You can hang them all in one banner if you’d like. Hang them in a window, on a wall or anywhere really. If you’re keeping your tree around, hang them on your tree!
I love the simple minimal look.