Using a Thanksgiving planner can be a helpful way to stay organized and on track when preparing for the holiday. By following and using a Thanksgiving Prep Printables planner, you can reduce stress and ensure that everything runs smoothly on the big day.
If you’re having a large group for dinner, then holiday Prep is no joke! These Free Thanksgiving Prep Printables will make your life so much easier! Stay organized with this Thanksgiving prep list, a cooking schedule, menu planner, guest list and recipe planning list. Download these, and you’re set!
It’s crunch time people! Thanksgiving is just a few days away and if you’re hosting, then this weekend is your time to prep! I’ve also gathered over 20 Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes for menu ideas!
Thanksgiving Prep Printables – Getting Organized
I have hosted the past 19 years. And this year, I’m not. You can read why here or here where I share some adorable printable Thanksgiving place cards. We’ll be heading to my sister’s in Utah for a quick trip to celebrate the holiday, but I have a feeling I’ll still be doing most the cooking.
When planning a large meal, it’s always smart to have some sort of schedule to follow. In years past, I’d scribble out my menu, with the time next to it, as to when it needed to be started. I’d also use another sheet of paper to jot down any helpful notes for next year.
SIGN UP FOR FREE PRINTABLES BELOW
ALREADY have your password? Head straight to the Free Printable Vault.
Well, I finally got smart and decided to offer a printable that’s perfect for keeping your Thanksgiving Prep organized! Boom!
It’s got everything from your guest list, to your prep time list. A couple of them have extra room for notes. I added this cute little turkey I found from my friend Karen’s site, The Graphics Fairy.
Grab a cute folder to keep them all together and handy right in your kitchen. Or use magnets and put them on your fridge.
I know that when I plan my Thanksgiving Prep time in advance, I usually have a bit of time to relax before guests arrive.
How to Use a Thanksgiving Planner
Using a Thanksgiving planner notebook can be a great way to keep all of your holiday plans and tasks organized in one place. Here are some steps you can take to use a Thanksgiving planner notebook effectively:
- Choose a notebook: Find a notebook that you like and that has enough space to add all the printable pages. You may want duplicates of some.
- Create sections: Divide your notebook into the printable pages in the order that makes sense to you.
- Write down your plans: Use the printable Thanksgiving planner to write down your plans for the holiday, including what you will cook, who you will invite, and any decorations you want to put up.
- Make a timeline: This Thanksgiving planner helps to create a timeline for Thanksgiving preparations, noting when you need to start shopping, when to start cooking different dishes, and when to set the table.
- Keep track of tasks: Use your planner to keep track of tasks that need to be done, such as cleaning the house, buying groceries, and preparing specific dishes.
- Add notes and reminders: Use your planner to jot down notes and reminders, such as important phone numbers, recipe sources, and any special dietary restrictions or preferences of your guests. This is particularly helpful for the next year.
- Review and update: Leave notes for the next year. Write down what worked, what didn’t, and what needs to be different.
Helpful Hints for an Organized Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving Prep: One Week to Two Days Before
- Plan your menu and shop accordingly.
- Gather additional silverware. Don’t forget serving utensils. Do you have enough slotted serving spoons?
- Wash wine glasses. Find your glass charms.
- Print out Place Cards. I have a few styles to choose from.
- Wash your cloth napkins.
- Thaw and brine your turkey.
- Prepare your “Pack your own Leftovers” bar.
- Clear out the coat closet – Never fails that we need to clear out the coat closet about 5 minutes before everyone arrives.
Thanksgiving Prep: One Day Before
- Set the Table – One thing that seems like a no-brainer, but I didn’t do it for years….. is set your table the day before! Don’t leave everything for Thursday. You’ll be SO glad you did.
- Dishes – Plan what recipe will go in what bowl or platter when it’s completed. I like to place a little sticky note in each dish with what I’ll be placing inside. If you’re serving buffet style, these Recipe Dish Name cards may come in handy.
- Prep any recipes you can ahead of time.
- Make the Sangria – If you’re having Sangria, it’s always better when it’s allowed to marinate.
Thanksgiving Holiday DIY
Creative ideas for a creative Thanksgiving!
Ideas for Thanksgiving Table Settings
Budget-friendly ideas for easy and beautiful Thanksgiving Table Settings.
Thanksgiving Free Printables
Print your own place cards for Thanksgiving. Find free printables in The Printable Vault
Outdoor Fall Decorating Ideas
Decorate your outdoor areas too. Stick to nature for your guide.
Thanksgiving Left Overs Printable Labels
Create a leftovers station for your guests complete with take-out boxes and food labels.
10 Creative Thanksgiving Table Settings
Find 10 different ideas for Thanksgiving table settings.
Decorating a Porch for Fall
Create a great entry for your holiday guests. Using items from your yard to create a rustic fall porch.
Printable Wall Art for Thanksgiving
I've got 3 different oversized wall art turkey images to choose from! Make your own Thanksgiving Wall Decor.
Simple Fall Table Decor
Simple and easy! That's always the best way to decorate.
DIY Fall Decor Rustic Centerpiece
Mix together faux and real items when creating a Fall centerpiece.
How To Set your Formal and Informal Table
See this diagram that helps you set a formal or informal table. Useful for all holiday dinners.
Free Fall Printable
Another fun fall printable for easy Fall decor.
Easy Fall Table Decor
Grab a few natural items like pumpkins, herbs, flowers and create a beautiful centerpiece.
Simple and easy Thanksgiving printables.
Thanksgiving Table Place Cards
Today We Give Thanks Thanksgiving place cards are a free printable found in the printable vault.
Free Printables for Thanksgiving.
So many options for a creative table.
Printable Thanksgiving Napkin Rings
Breakaway from traditional colors with these printable napkin ring place cards.
Carol Davis says
Thank you so much for these printables! Quite the gift for a fairly stressed out hostess.
You’re welcome! Keep calm and enjoy!
Where can I find the printables? Am I just missing them? They are so cute and seem like they’d be so helpful!
DOH! Thank you for the heads up! I swear it takes a village to run a blog! I’ve added the link now.