This is one of my husbands FAVORITE meals. I swear he could eat this Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast recipe daily!
I’ve shared my Crockpot Mississippi Pot Roast before, but I’ve tinkered with the recipe a teensy bit after my sister shared how she does it, and I thought you’d all love it too. Besides…..it’s perfect for Slow Cooker Sunday!
Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe
This is seriously one of the easiest recipes you can make in your slow cooker. It’s one of those dump it in, and turn it on recipes……a true gift for the busy household. It honestly takes me about 3 minutes to prep this recipe, I turn it on and walk away, only to come back to a delicious hunk of meat to be used in many ways. My favorite.
Sorta like my Crockpot Copycat Cafe Rio Chicken. I’ll make that up and use it all week long in salads, burritos, burrito rice bowls. It’s another life saver. This recipe is the same, except it doesn’t last as long.
Now if you’re a purist, this is NOT for you. Look away. This isn’t a super healthy meal…… but neither is the Taco Bell you pick up in a pinch. At least you know this is real meat.
Mississippi Pot Roast Ingredients
- Beef Roast – I don’t know my roasts. I just look for the kind with the string around it. This one was a tenderloin and it was delicious!
- Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
- Au Jus gravy mix
- One stick of butter
That’s all you need. If you want to recreate to use products that aren’t mixes…… go for it, then let me know!
Like I said, you just dump it all in your slow cooker, put the lid on, turn it on LOW for 8 hours and walk away. JUST WALK AWAY!
You’ll come back to this! You’ll find a juicy, moist and delicious hunk of meat that your family will devour.
And then the only decision you’ll need to make is, how’ll you’ll eat it.
I shredded it and topped on top of our baked potatoes, added broccoli and called them for dinner.
Then the next day, we made Burrito rice bowls.
- 1 Beef Roast - Regular size. I buy whatever is in the store and usually one with the string around it.
- 1 package of Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 package of Au Jus Gravy mix
- 1 stick of butter (unsalted or salted....doesn't matter)
- 5-10 peperoncini peppers
- ¼ cup peperoncini juice
- Place your roast in your slow cooker
- Sprinkle packages of ranch dressing and au jus directly on the roast
- Place the stick of butter on top. You can cut the butter into pieces if you wish. It really doesn't matter.
- Place peperoncini's around the roast and on top.
- Pour juice over the roast.
- Place the lid on, cook on LOW for 7-8 hours
- If you don't have as much time, I've cooked on High for 3 hours, then turned it to LOW for an hour or so and it turned out fine.
More Delicious Crock Pot Recipes!
Follow my Slow Cooker and Crockpot Recipes Pinterest Board for more recipe ideas.
This post contains affiliate links to products you’ll need. This cost you nothing.